Thursday, December 01, 2005

cozy Christmas ~ day 23


We woke up this morning to the most beautiful snowfall. Several inches fell in the night and a flock of junkos crowded to the feeder before dawn, hoping for a big breakfast before the larger birds arrived.

I have been working on some sewing projects, staying up late at night to do the handwork while I watch the second season of the Gilmore Girls. New Campbell kid, Dowen, now has his own stocking, ready to hang with the others and today we will put up the greenery in the front hall and down the stairway. I am enjoying the fruits of my labors from past years, ornaments I made seven or eight years ago with inspiration and patterns from Debbie Mumm's Quick Country Christmas Quilts.


My little kitchen tree makes even counters full of dirty dishes a little cheerier. I am listening to John Fahey's Guitar Soli Christmas, a CD worth the purchase if only for his rendition of Carol of the Bells.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home