Friday, September 30, 2005

friday's quotes of the week

Heard, read, or said by me this week:


"Women. You'd be wonderful if you'd just stay in your place...."

said to me by anonymous commentator on my blog entry about monstrous women


"None of the women who have responded to me have done so with a feminine spirit. All of you have the spirit of the American woman, which is foul, repulsive and contrary to nature. It is absolutely contrary to Christ's will for you as women......Women have largely destroyed authentic Christianity in America, and the weak men who have yielded to their independent spirit. You are just another in a long line of Feminists who dip themselves in Christianity. God sees through it though.... You are just avoiding the meat of the text, like every other rebellious woman. You are an American woman.Take it as an insult, even if you like the idea."

same commentator



"American woman, stay away from me
American woman, mama let me be
Don't come hanging around my door
I don't want to see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now woman, stay away
American woman, listen what I say

American woman, get away from me
American woman, mama let me be
Don't come knocking around my door
I don't want to see your shadow no more
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away
American woman, listen what I say

American woman, I said get way
American woman, listen what I say
Don't come hanging around my door
Don't want to see your face no more
I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, get away
American woman, listen what I say
American woman, stay away from me
American woman, mama let me be

I gotta go
I gotta getta away
Think I gotta go
I wanna fly away
I'm gonna leave you woman
I'm gonna leave you woman
I'm gonna leave you woman
I'm gonna leave you woman
Bye bye, bye bye
Bye bye, bye bye
American woman
You're no good for me
I'm no good for you
Looking at you right in the eye
Tell you what I'm gonna do
I'm gonna leave you woman
You know I gotta go
I'm gonna leave you woman
I gotta go
I gotta go

I gotta go
American woman
Yeah"

Lenny Kravitz
(originally The Guess Who . . .)


"The truth, Sir, " I said, swallowing, "is that God's viewpoint is sometimes different from ours--so different that we could not even guess at it unless He had given us a Book which tells us such things." I knew it was madness to talk this way to a Nazi officer. But he said nothing so I plunged ahead. "In the Bible I learn that God values us not for our strength or our brains, but simply because He has made us. Who knows, in His eyes a half-wit may be worth more than a wathchmaker. Or a lieutenant."


from The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, another woman who obviously didn't know her place, although she wasn't American


"We are a priesthood of believers and need no man to bring us to God, save for the new Adam, the Lord Jesus."

me to said commentator

7 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger greenemama said...

since those who post anonymously can only be taken as milksops, i'm sure "your friend" is cowering in his/her cyber corner yet.

oh, and kravitz is hot.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger TJ Draper said...

Your anonymous poster is so typical of people who think they are doing the right thing by counteracting the feminism of modern day Americans, but I call that a knee jerk reaction on his/her part. Those types really make me mad.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger TJ Draper said...

O, I hope you don't mind a guy posting on your blog... if you do, tell me and I'll leave ;-)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger prairie girl said...

TJ,

Thanks for your encouraging words.
And the red carpet is always rolled out for you on my blog as well as on my deck!

Now, when are you going to do your own awesome film?

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger prairie girl said...

Tulipgirl,

Mollie is here and were are laughing like crazy over that comment!

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watchful,

I agree with your "knee jerk" reaction. There are too many people overreacting to the problems of our day by swinging too far the other direction. Those types of people grieve me as well.

I heard once of a sermon where the pastor explained that Paul told Timothy to rub wine on his chest for his ailiments instead of reading the passage as is and let it be obvious that wine is for drinking, not to be used as Vapo-rub. This obviously was to said to fit into this preacher's view that alcohol was evil. It was an overeaction to an "evil".

What strange doctrines Christians invent instead of accepting that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Jesus infuriated conservatives (Pharisees) and liberals (Saducees) in his day. Maybe those of us who try to follow Christ in a thoughtful and reasonable way are supposed to suffer with the Pharisees and Sadducees of our day.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i would love to put that guy down on a couch and wind him back. Talk about issues. an anonymous blowhard like that is scary because you know with the kind of anger they are carrying around, they are one blasting cap away from a massive explosion.

Ther really scary thing is that he probably has or has had a wife!

It always amazes me how people can use religion to justify their own fears, prejudices and phobias

 

Post a Comment

<< Home