Friday, January 06, 2006

so many great books, so little time


Our home improvement project for the winter will be to add more bookshelves to the library, choose and install new ceiling moldings, paint all wood and woodwork, and organize all the shelves into some sort of reasonable order. I am so thrilled as it will mean that I will actually be able to put my hands on the appropriate book at the appropriate time and my bookshelves will be purged of all unnecessary items, making room for what else but more books!

When my Christmas tree goes out this afternoon, my favorite end table will again be in place and loaded with some of the books I hope to read during the next few months:

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas

Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller

Women Caught in the Conflict: The Culture War Between Traditionalism and Feminism by Rebecca Groothuis

The Good Earth
by Pearl Buck,

Boundaries by Dr. John Townsend,

and a more thorough read of Heartfelt Discipline : The Gentle Art of Training and Guiding Your Child by Clay Clarkson.

I have been so inspired by my online friend, Kristin, when I see how many book she reads in one year and herself a mama with sweet little ones around her! I need to use my time more wisely, read more, write more, process more of what I read and write, and to relax while doing so, I think.

3 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have major bookshelf-envy now. What a fabulous room of shelves!!!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger kristen said...

oooh! I have bookshelf-envy, too!

And thanks for the compliment -- you neglected to mention that I do read a lot of twaddle to get my numbers up ;o)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I hope you like The Count of Monte Cristo. It is one of my all-time favorites. You will have to let me know what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home