Monday, January 16, 2006

sunday pot roast revisited


Yesterday I experimented with my favorite pot roast recipe and it turned out to be so delicious that I thought I might share it.

Sunday Pot Roast Revisited
(serves 8 if you have teenaged boys, more if not!)

1 4-5 rolled rump roast
12 medium sized white or Yukon Gold potatoes in chunks
2 pounds baby carrots
2 TBS. minced garlic
1 TBS. parsley flakes
1 cup olive oil
1-2 cans sliced mushrooms, drained
2 cans Campbell Golden Mushroom Soup, undiluted
2 packets Lipton onion soup mix

In large electric roaster or oven roasting pan, pour in olive oil. Add garlic. Place roast in center,surround with carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms. Spread with Golden Mushroom Soup and sprinkle with soup mix and parsley. Cover and roast for 3-4 hours, at 325 degrees, depending on how well-done you prefer the meat.

Slice and serve, using pan juices that have formed a thick gravy.

Easy and delicious!

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Lawman3842 said...

I was cruel to myself and read this post during my lunch break.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger simplegifts3 said...

Oh, my, can I suppose this will do well in a crock pot, too, as long as I sear the meat first!

Yum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home