Sunday, April 17, 2005

drawing a circle

I have been contemplating many things of late. Everyone seems to have his or her list of what is required to measure up to this or that standard. I find myself weary...weary of the lists, weary of wondering if I have performed to someone else's satisfaction, weary of pondering whether or not someone else has measured up to my standards.

I thought of this poem...I think recalling my grandma and her gracious spirit prompted the memory.


They drew a circle that shut me out -
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win -
We drew a circle that took them in.

Edwin Markham



Oh Lord, it is so very hard sometimes. Help me not to take offense when I am shut out. More importantly, help me draw my circle bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home