Sunday, October 09, 2005

happy birthday to me

The close of a great birthday celebration weekend is at hand. I am posting some pictures taken with my new digital camera. Thank you dear, sweet husband for this wonderful present! No more begging and borrowing photos from the offspring.


I spent part of Saturday at Mount Piscah during the Spoon River Scenic Drive, a beautiful golden day set against the blue of an October sky in Illinois.



We feasted on grilled pork chop sandwiches, deep fried onions, and funnel cakes. Too much sugar and fat but oh so good and only once a year!



Henry had his face painted by a real Indian woman with feathers in her hair and dreamcatchers hanging over her head.



Joe gave me the wonderful gift of my very own American Girl doll.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger | agreene | said...

Happy birthday, Karen. I trust you'll enjoy the book and that it will bring us much good conversation.

Love, Ernie

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger prairie girl said...

I am really looking forward to reading it but even more so, the conversation!

Thanks,
Love, m-i-l

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I'm sooo jealous! I want an American girl doll, too! Love your blog!! Good to talk to you today! Your friend, Kim

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger prairie girl said...

Hi Kim!!

Isn't Kit wonderful? Which girl do you want? Mollie is now wishing for her own doll to, or at least a little girl who can have her own doll, too!

I can't wait to take Penelope to the American Girl Doll store in Chicago when she is big enough to enjoy it!

It was so great to talk to you this afternoon...it has been too long.
Hope to see you on the 22nd!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home