Monday, October 10, 2005

manna on monday

All summer we have been enjoying the blessings of solid Bible teaching in our worship services on Sunday as well as some good study time over the weekends. I thought I would like to post what I am calling "manna on Monday", just some thoughts from the sermon,Scripture quotes, or even hymn or chorus lyrics that have encouraged and convicted me as we have worshipped, relaxed, and meditated over the weekend.

Some excerpts of Isiah 43, from which the sermon text was taken yesterday:

"But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King. Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters; Which bringeth forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power; they shall lie down together, they shall not rise: they are extinct, they are quenched as tow. Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."


Random thoughts I had:

There is but one true God,though we live in a post-modern culture that rejects any such notion.

The phrase "let go and let God" is ridiculous. God himself says He is in control of all things and no one can "let Him" do anything.

God is continually doing a new thing.

I also spend some time researching the "one another's" of the New Testament in preparation for the mom's retreat. I am asking God to show me this week how they apply in my relationships with my children. Pretty convicting stuff

"Lord, we stand by grace in Your presence, cleansed by the blood of the Lamb; We are your children, called by your name, humbly we bow and we pray: release your power to work in us and through us until we are changed to be mroe like You. Then all nations will see Your glory revealed and worship you."

2 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Speaking of "one anothering" you might want to check out one of Doug Wilson's recent sermons on his website www.christkirk.com. His sermon entitled "Reciprocity" is basically about the "one anotherings" of scripture and is really good.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger prairie girl said...

Thanks for the heads up, Rachel.

I will check it out.

I am sorry you won't be here so you could come to the retreat. I am so blessed just by hearing what the ladies are preparing. I think it will be an awesome day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home