Monday, May 16, 2005

favorite women bloggers

As promised, I am giving out my first list of women bloggers I have discovered in my online trek through bloggerdom. This is a nice sampling...there will be more later.

You do not want to miss the wonderful Mollie. This blog features the thoughts of a young mother who passionately lives for her Lord, her husband, and her children. Not only is the writing delightful but the pictures are of the most beautiful little boys you could ever see! Oh, did I mention this is my one and only daughter?

When Mollie first introduced Tulip Girl to me, I was overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information and encouragement that one woman had to offer in one spot. Reformed and gentle in her approach (something rare I think), she is someone I would invite into my home for tea and not be disappointed at where the conversation led. Her Biblical worldview is combined with the thinking that comes from living outside of the U.S. and makes for many great insights.

Kristen is a new online "friend" whose thoughts are also refreshing and always well-timed. I have gotten to know her through a mom's forum and love her stories and her thoughts as she seeks to raise Godly children and to be a Godly wife and mother. Her reading list alone is worth the frequent trip to her spot on the web.

I hadn't read Barb Harvey until the R.C. blogger controversy popped up. Now I am hooked and see why so many people, men and women alike, enjoy tapping into her insights. Again, she is a great resource for Reformed thought from a Biblical woman's perspective.

I have enjoyed reading Sallie and her wonderful thoughts on simple living and on life in general. When I read on her blog, I feel like we have much in common and she, too, finds God's grace in the ordinary in life!

7 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger prairie girl said...

Let me know when and I will put on the kettle.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Sallie Borrink said...

I am so humbled to be included in your list. Thank you for letting me know that you have been blessed by my writing.

I knew you were a kindred spirit when I read the Spurgeon quote you included in your piece about the women bloggers controversy.

I look forward to getting to "know" you better!

Sallie

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger kristen said...

Thank you, Karen.

I needed the pick-me-up today!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger prairie girl said...

Sallie,

I also look forward to getting to know you. My husband's family was from the Grand Rapids area, actually Belding and Muskegon. AND, Mollie is spelled with an "ie" because of the spelling of her Grandma Sallie's name!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger prairie girl said...

Kristen,

I meant every word of it...some days it helps to hear it, huh?

Have a good one...

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Gosh, thanks Karen! I'm enjoying your blog too. You are blessed with the ability to tell stories and I love them!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger prairie girl said...

Barb,

so many stories, so little time!

Thanks for your comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home