Friday, June 17, 2005

friday's quotes of the week

Either heard, read, or spoken by me this week:


"You look like you're having a bad day. How about a steakburger?"

Mom to Daughter


"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
Winston Churchill


"It's true, it's really true. I AM married to Batman."

Wife to Husband


"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening but this wasn't it."

Groucho Marx


"This is going to make you really, really mad, mom, I mean really, really, really mad."
Son to Mom


"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."
Nelson Mandela


"I'm built for comfort, I'm not built for speed but I've got everything a man might need."
Diunna Greenleaf


"To the man who only has a hammer in the toolkit, every problem looks like a nail."

Abraham Maslow


"You must never double-cuff the Pants. It's tacky. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky."
Bee, Tibby, Carmen, and Lena in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants


"I'm highly attracted to you. Why, when I look at you, I feel wee tadpoles jumping in my spine."
Meg Brockie in Brigadoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home