Friday, August 12, 2005

friday's quotes of the week

These were heard, read, or said by me this week:

"I miss my daddy. I have the best daddy in the whole world. He is just the daddy I always wanted."

Grandson to table full of amused family members


"I am really going to miss this place."

Same grandson when being told he was going back home to South Carolina.


"Ernie is cool, a cool cat hater."
Son to Mother in reference to s-i-l


"Only the soul that knows the mighty grief can know the mighty rapture. Sorrows come to stretch out spaces in the heart for joy."
anonymous quote from a blog reading


"It's important to consider these passages in the full light of Scripture, through the lens of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

from a blog comment written by Tulip Girl


"The Bible is sufficient, I agree. But do we use it, therefore, for toilet paper and mulch and packing peanuts and seat cushions and wallpaper?"


received in e-mail