Wednesday, June 22, 2005

a time to talk

The past few days have been busy but with the sort of busy that I enjoy. I am most definately a people person and enjoy welcoming people to my home for fellowship and food. As a matter of fact, I am never more happy than when I am feeding somebody!

In the past few days, several people have just dropped in to visit with either me or someone in my family. When this poem arrived in my mailbox as the poem of the day, I thought I would like to share it.

A Time to Talk
by Robert Frost

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, 'What is it?'
No, not as there is a time talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home