Monday, June 27, 2005

got me a college girl

After reading what seemed to be endless blog entries and online articles by a variety of people, men and women alike, on the benefits of no college education for women, a group of online friends, which includes my daughter and yours truly, have started a blog on the value of a college education for women.

A number of years ago, my husband worked with a fellow who was a few fries short of a happy meal. This guy came in to work one day, thrilled that he had a new girlfriend who attended the local community college. "Yes sirree," he crowed, "I got me a college girl."

Ever since that day, when either Mollie or I would come up with something exceptionally brillant, which, if you know us personally, happens often :), Clay would say to us "yes sirree, I got me a college girl" in his best rural Fulton County accent!

We hope you will join us at www.gotmeacollegegirl.blogspot.com. We would welcome your comments and look forward to meeting new online friends in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home